Result of Liver Test. What do the terms serum albumin, alanine transaminase denote?

REsult of my Liver Test - kindly examine and advise as SGOT and SPGT Level are slightly high NAME : MR NARESH (44Y/M) DATE : 01-09-2012 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Test Name Method Value Units Reference Range -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE PHOTOMETRY 83 U/l M:53 to 128 - F:42 to 98 BILIRUBIN - TOTAL PHOTOMETRY 0.85 mg/dl 0 - 1.2 BILIRUBIN -DIRECT PHOTOMETRY 0.264 mg/dl 0 - 0.3 BILIRUBIN (INDIRECT) CALCULATED 0.586 mg/dl 0 - 0.9 ASPARTATE AMINOTRANSFERASE (SGOT ) PHOTOMETRY 53 U/l M: 0 to 37 - F: 0 to 31 ALANINE TRANSAMINASE (SGPT) PHOTOMETRY 87 U/l M: 0 to 37 - F: 0 to 31 GAMMA GLUTAMYL TRANSFERASE (GGT) PHOTOMETRY 12.3 U/l M: 0 to 50 - F :0 to 30 ALBUMIN - SERUM PHOTOMETRY 4.5 gm/dl 3.2 - 5.0 PROTEIN - TOTAL PHOTOMETRY 7.3 gm/dl 6.0 - 8.3 SERUM ALBUMIN/ GLOBULIN RATIO CALCULATED 1.61 Ratio 0.9 - 2.0 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please correlate with clinical conditions. Technology: ALKP - Alp IFCC* Liquid (Colorimetric Assay) BILT - Diazo method of Pearlman & Lee, Endpoint. BILD - Diazo method of Pearlman & Lee, Endpoint. BILI - Derived from serum Total and Direct Bilirubin values SGOT - IFCC* Without Pyridoxal Phosphate Activation SGPT - IFCC* Without Pyridoxal Phosphate Activation GGT - Ifcc Standardised Szasz Method SALB - Albumin Bcg┬╣method (Colorimetric Assay Endpoint) PROT - Biuret Method A/GR - Derived from serum Albumin and Protein values
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012