Restlessness, addiction to cartoon and video games. Suggest treatment and medication?

Sir, My son (aged 10 years) is suffering from some kind of phobia and feel restlessness. He is addicted to cartoon serial and video games. EEG is done and report shows :- Awake record reveals 8.5 - 9.5 Hz moderate amplitude alpha activity attenuated on eye opening. There is evidence of intermittent, high amplitude, high amplitude sharp and slow waves discharges seen following hyperventilation . Impression : Abnormal EEG Record, consistent with interictal pattern of generalized seizure disorder. Doctor has prescribed Tab Encorate (Chromo) 200 mg 1 tab twice daily . I have not started giving the dose to my son. Kindly suggest whether it can be cured through counselling or required medication . If given, what are the side effects and how long the medicine to be continued. Thank you in advance. Regards, S Das, Jadavpur, Kolkata - 0000
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013