Resting heart rate lowered after a bout of fever, have dull chest pain, feeling of heart pumping against chest wall. Reason?

Hi, i m a 22 years old, female. I remember i used to have a resting heart rate of around 72bpm. Last month, i had a fever and my heart rate soared to 80+ to 90+bpm with palpitations. Though my doctor said an elevated heart rate is not unexpected during illness , it has never happened to me before. The doctor also couldn t explain definitively why i had the fever (with slight nausea ). Two days later, the fever subsided. However, i found that my resting heart rate now hovers around the 60s, sometimes at 48-60bpm if i m sitting still for a period of time. Moreover, for the past week, i m feeling a dull chest pain on my left chest, and i can sometimes feel my heart pumping against the chest wall. Is there something amiss? Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012