Repeated episodes of abdominal cramping, vomiting, nausea followed by diarrhea. What should be done?

My problem is once a month I have the following symptoms. Never Varies: Starts with abdominal cramping and in about 3 hrs the vomiting will start. It is always stomach fluids and never food. No blood. This continues for 8 to 10 hrs with cramping the entire time. I can be asleep and wake up to vomit. After the nausea and vomiting stop the diarrhea starts for about a day. I am very sore from retching for the next 2 to 3 days and have some slight abd. cramping for about 4 to 5 days. I had the same thing 2 yrs ago and the Dr gave me Flagyl and I was sypmtom free for 2 yrs. I have now had it again since Aug 2012 and each month.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013