Repeated electric type lower abdominal pain, history of hysterectomy. Suggestion?

I ve just experienced a strange electric-type spreading pain in my lower right abdomen . It doesn t last very long, maybe 5 seconds, but I found it quite frightening and painful. This has happened 3 times now in the last six months. Maybe I should go to my doctor for a check-up. I m thinking of all the awful things it could be. I m a healthy 56 year old woman, who had a hysterectomy about 9 years ago.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012
Hello Madam,
First and foremost, do not think/worry about the possible complications!
From the details you have given, it sounds like a case of gastritis (let us start from the most common/minor complication). How is your appetite and bowel movements? What about your food habits? Do you skip your meals? Do you have constipation? Do you eat a lot of potatoes, junk food and meat?
Please try to have food on time and include a lot of fruits, vegetables and water (liquid) in your diet. Avoid food like potatoes/eggs that can make you gaseous. As a simple remedy, boil 1 tsp of cumin seeds in about 150 ml of water, allow it to cool and drink it after your meals-atleast twice daily. Do it for a month. I am sure it will cure your problem . If further problem persists, consult a doctor.
Thank you.