Reoccurring tender spot on head. Like swollen vein. Whats this?

Hi, I am a 24 year old woman with a slight tender spot on the right side of my head just above my ear. It almost feels like a swollen vein. It lasts about 2-3 days, goes away and then comes back a week or two later. I don't have any other symptoms like headaches or dizziness or blurred vision. Just the bruise-like spot that again feels like a swollen vein but I'm not sure what it is. What could it possibly be and why does it happen? I'm not sick with a virus or anything. I'm pretty healthy. Other than its tenderness to touch, it doesn't give me problems. If I don't touch it or poke it I don't even know it's there.
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013