Reoccurring problem of right hand swelling, becomes tender and warm. Cause for the symptoms?

ive got a recurring problem where usually my right hand swells and goes redish. sometimes itll happen on both and ive had it on my foot at one point too, but its most prominant on the right fingers. its tender to touch and even tho my hands are usually cold it becomes tender and warm. i would like to know what this is and how to get rid of it, at first i thought it was just something that happens when it gets really cold but it happens randomly and stays like that anything from a day to just under 2 weeks.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You ought to see an Internist.
Raynaud's phenomenon / disease must be investigated...

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
General & Family Physician Dr. Gopal Krishnam Raju's  Response
it sounds like raynauds to me just painkillers and oral steroids enough avoid extreme temperatures :)