Reoccuring stomach pains, blood in stools. Due to eating swiss cheese?

I was awakened during the night with pain in my lower abdomen . I have a couple of time in my life felt pain like this and it was something that was relieved by simply having a bowel movement ...very soft stool . Today though, it was stronger pain...almost made me throw up. Lasted for about 10 minutes and after sitting there gently trying to go and getting just a small bit out the pain subsided enough for me to go back to bed. When a got up this morning it was lingering pain with sharp pains now and then. By the time I got to work, it was more pronounced and I again went to the bathroom and sat there a while until it went away...nothing really came out. Then a few hours later this morning, I began to feel the pain again and also like I had to go...I did go a little - soft again and when I wiped the tissue was pretty well covered with bright red blood . Is this anything to worry about or just irritation? My abdomen feels pretty good right now. Nothing is tender in my abdomen or belly. I did eat some swiss cheese yesterday that turned out to be going bad.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012