Reoccuring rash on neck, Sjogrens, taking Plaquinil, dizzy and anxiety attacks, palpitations. Is it side effect of Plaquinil?

I am 34 YO female, no children, began exercising last October, down 30 pounds. I began developing a reoccuring rash on my neck and chest area. The rash seemed to worsen with heat. Went to GP and received steroid topical cream. Was ruled out to not be fungal . I asked to have all labs done. ANA came back 1:160, heart, thyroid, kidneys, all fine. Was referred to Rheumatologist . After lab tests, ruling was Sjogrens, however, not conclusive with SLE . Was put on 200 mg Plaquinil/day. I was so nauseated, dizzy and was having major anxiety attacks . Dr. told me to cut dosage in half. Have been on Plaquinil for 4 weeks and have a appointment this week. Oh, he also started me on a prenatal vitamin because my iron saturation was low. For the last 3 weeks I have begun to itch on my arms and some on my cheeks. I feel it is associated with the Plaquinil since I take no other medications and just a month ago I was only dealing with the reoccuring a normal life. I have had to really work on my pulse will race and I feel heart palpitations. I went to the ER and EKG was normal...cardiac enzymes normal...was told had an panic attack. Since then I have been trying to go about my life normal, however, I still will begin to notice my heartbeat and think about it to the point that I feel palpitations. Still get dizzy at times and have food aversions. I really would like to stop the Plaquinil. I have no pain, or any other symptoms related to Sjogrens. Last night, I felt like I could not breathe completely...woke up, started worrying about things and took me about 1 hour to fall back asleep...then slept normal. I plan to go to the GP on Monday to talk about the palpitations...just to see what she says and also to keep her informed about the past 4 weeks. Does this sound like the Plaquinil could cause my anxiety and does this sound like anxiety?
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012