Renal ultrasound saying thinning of the cortex of the kidneys. History of kidney stones and infections. How serious is it?

I had a renal ultrasound done and the results say I have diffuse thinning of the cortex of my kidneys. Nine years ago I was told that my kidneys resembled cauliflower instead of an apple cut in half. I have a history of kidney stones and infections. I m a 30 yr old female, have had 4 children, eat well, exercise 6 days a week. How serious is this? I m waiting to get into a specialist and am just trying to get more information.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013