Renal and pelvic ultrasound showed non-gravid uterus, echogenic mass in adrexal region. Meaning and treatment?

Hi my daughter is 26 yrs. old married & had a renal & pelvic ultra sound done and here is the result, uterus is non gravid. A large echogenic mass is identified in the left adrexal region, measures greater than 9.0 cm in maximal size it appears to be extrinsic from the uterus the right ovary is normal. The left ovary has not been visualized. No free fluid is seen, recommend further evaluation w/ MRI... what does this result means and is she going for surgery? Pls. help me Dr. Lundi I need more information about this result, thank you very much and God Bless.
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012