Removed scare tissue in urethra. Hurts when urinate, no erection. Prescribed viagra. Is this the right medication?

about 2 weeks ago I had a procedure to remove scare tissue in my uretha.. it hurt to go urinate and took forever to empty my bladder. ever since then I have not been able to get an erection. the feeling is there, but no erection. I can reach orgasm. the dr. said there was nothing he did to cause this. he gave me some Viagra to try. have not tried it yet. is he being straight with me?
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013