Removed cholesteatomas from both ears. Having fake ear drums. Fluid discharge on blowing the nose. Will blowing nose damage the ear?

Hello, my husband has had cholesteatomas in both ears. they have been removed. his right ear had the most damage adn they ended up grinding away part of bone and in both ears put fake ear drums in. My question to you is that putting pressure such as blowing can that cause more damage into his ear. His ENT said he thinks so. So I was searching for another dr. to ask and found this. I know when he blows his nose it makes him dizzy and fluids start to come out of his ear. we get his ears cleaned every 3 months. thanks so much for any help
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012