Removed IUD, no periods now. Negative pregnancy test. Pelvic scan shows myometrial fibroid. How to get periods?

hi, im 37yrs i had an IUD removed February 2012 this year after 5yrs of insertion but i have not seen my menstruation up till now. went for a pregnancy test it was negative. also went for ultra- pelvic scan and the doctor said i have fundal myometrial fibroid . that i have to undergo an operation. i dont want to have an operation. what do i do to have my menstruation because i want to have children.
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012