Removal of metal work from ankle suggested, want to know the procedure involved, post operation recovery details

It has been suggested for me to have metalwork removed from my right ankle (one metal plate and 6 screws on the outside and two screws on the inside) after breaking my ankle in March 2011. I want to know exactly what is involved with having this metalwork removed before making a decision to go through with it. I would like to know if I have to be cut open again or whether key hole surgery is possible? Will i need a cast after the operation or will i be able to weight bear on it straight-after. Could the operation cause more scar tissue which could make matters worse? How long will i need off of work? Please could you try and answer these questions for me. It would be much appreciated.
Asked On : Wed, 25 Apr 2012
Hi welcome to H.C.M.Forum. now it is time for the metal plates to be removed. because the ionic form of the metal plates desolve in the blood & cause different side effects in different people depending upon the metal used. nothing to worry about the operation, incession differs with the site of operation . in ankle the incission is long as before removing the previous scar, so no new scar is seen.
operation wont take that much of time. there will be a caste of less weight, & removable. lasts for nearly 15 days. once the stitches are removed you will face diffeculty for few days. & the story is over.
dont worry you will be fine .