Reimplantation of ureters done. Developed pain and lump on lower rib. Is this due to surgery?

My sister in law had a reimplantation of her utera (?) tube and has had infections and pain ever since. Her latest development is a hard lump on her lower rib on her left side of her body. This is also the side in which the surgery was performed. What could this be and could it be tied to loose ends from a very apparently unsuccessful surgery?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013
Hello dear,
Thanks for the query. It could be early sign of HYDROURETERONEPHROSIS, so knidly get a surgical opinion and a ultrasound abdomen, and get your renal function tests done regularly to be on the safer side.
Hope I answered your question, Kindly reply me if you have any further queries or any comments. I will be very happy to help you.
Dr Arif