Regurgitating food, pain in sternum, rib pain under arms. Nexium provides some relief. Wants to do Colonoscopy, endoscopy. Causes for regurgitation?

I am 47yr old male, a few months ago I started regurgitating food. My doctor gave me Nexium which has helped somewhat but now I still regurgitate some foods and have pain in the sternum along with rib pain under my arms What could that be?? I am having test done in a few weeks(Endoscope & Colonoscopy ) also I lost 15 pounds in 4 months but in that time I was not eating much.
Asked On : Tue, 3 Jul 2012