Regular smoker. Sudden shaking, hard to breathe, panic attacks. Tingling in hands. Right medication?

hi, im 27 and have been smoking for 9 years. 2 years ago sudenly started shaking through my whole body and found it hard to breathe, i forgot about it but then i happened agani and again. i went to see my doctor and he sayed that i am having panic attacks and prescribed me beta blockers. i have still experienced the same symptoms but not us often. still even taking the beta blockers every day, when i wake up i have this tingling feeling in my hands and i start to worry if ill get another panic attack(?) so i take another pill .... 2 weeks it happened again even after i had taken a it panic attacks? am i on the right medication?
Asked On : Wed, 21 Nov 2012