Regular, persistent stomach pain during evenings. Difficult to have dinner. Feel gaseous, bloated after dinner. Reason?

Hi, For the past month, I ve had stomach pain every early evening. I feel jabbing pains in the middle region of my abdomen , from right under the lowest rib on each side down to around my navel. The pains would last through dinner, making it hard to eat much. They would subside late in the evening, but then I would feel quite bloated and gassy after dinner. I ve tried to pre-empt the possibility that hunger causes the pains by eating a snack in the early evening, to no avail. I m a slender Asian woman and I ve always had sensitive stomach, once having been diagnosed and properly treated for acid reflux as well as the bacteria causing stomach ulcer . I get irritated when hungry, but this kind of persistent and regular pain is the first. Thank you for your help! M.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012