Regular periods. Not getting pregnant. Taking Ovral-L and Meprate. Will this tablet help?

hi i have my periods in every month. But sometime it is very heavy even lasted within 10 days. And i am worried about why i do not get pregnant(i have one and half year marriage life)..Doctor suggested me the following tablets.. what is the need of taking OVRAL*L 21 day tablet along with 9 MEPRATE tablet during a month..and doctor suggest to continue that for 3 months .Is it possible to get pregnant through these tablets?
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012