Regular period, no pregnancy. Is siphene 50mg good

hi,i am 26 years old. i have regular periods after marraiage& before marraiage. my marriage was two years completed.but ihave no children.i consulted doctor in the 1 st day of period,with out ant test , she gives the tablet siphene 50mg,and used from the 2 nd of the period to 5 days .and after 10 days she will come to scan alternative dats.please tell me this tablet is good for me.will you give the another tablet for me.
Asked On : Fri, 30 Mar 2012
Nephrologist 's  Response

Thanks for the query

Siphene contains Clomifene citrate which will help in induction of ovulation, which is definitely beneficial for causing pregnancy.
It is does come with adverse effects like hot flushes, twin pregnancy, hair loss, etc. PLease discuss this with your gynaec

I hope I was of help