Regular period, dark brown and red spotting starts, test negative, pregnant?

My period started March lasted 6 days...which is normal for me...I always get my period every 28 days to 30 days every month...I started to spot and sometimes a little heavier then spotting March started out very dark it s a bright red color...this only happened to me once in my life...and I was pregnant ...I took a pregnancy test today and it s it to soon to detect?...can it be a false negative?...can I still be in the impantation stage?...
Asked On : Mon, 9 Apr 2012