Regular menstruation cycle. Does changing sex partner affect Periods?

hello! my period usually is not late and i know i really dont have anything to worry about right now but my period is 2 days late. i recently changed my sex partner and was wondering would that have an affect on my menstrual cycle or is my cycle changing only because i do see the white discharge i know it might still be on its way!!
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012
Jan 2016
Hallow Dear,

The menstrual cycle periodicity is dependent up on the hormonal cycle in the body. Usually in normal cycle, the period appears 14 days after the egg release. Thus it is not at all dependent upon the change in partner. It is likely that you could have unprotected sex during your fertile window and you might have become pregnant.

Even otherwise, 4 days before or after variation in menses is considered as normal.

Do you have any stress? Stress does cause irregularity in menses.

If you do not get menses even after one week more, you may perform urine pregnancy test and/or ultrasonography for detection of pregnancy. These tests done earlier may not be conclusive and reliable. Beta hCG test is conclusive even 2-3 days after the missed period.

I am sure your misbelief has been taken care of.