Regular menstrual cycles. Negative pregnancy test with delayed periods. Can this be due to pregnancy?

Hi. I am currently 17 days past the date my period was supposed to be due. My cycles have always been regular as clockwork. I am feeling very pregnant but 4 tests done first thing in the morning have all been negative. I KNOW what being pregnant feels like as i have 2 children already. So what is going on?? The period i last had, on 21st march, was 12 days long which was really strange as usually they are 4 days long. Could that have something to do with it?? I am DESPERATE for answers. Many thanks.
Asked On : Tue, 15 May 2012
Welcome to HCM
There are many causes for delayed period, it may be because of anaemia, that also causes prolonged bleeding as in your case.
There may be genital infection as one of the cause.