Regular menstrual cycle, lower abdomen pain. Taking Naproxen and Sodium. Is it menopause stage?

Hi, I am 50 years old and still having a regular menstrual cycle. Historically, I have pain usually during the first day or two of my period. In the past year, I have started have much more lower abdominal pain and it is during ovulation and days after ovulation. THe pain is actually a sign to me that I am ovulating. I have also started to have a discharge at ovulation for several days. The discharge is creamy, sometimes elastic like, dark brown, like dried blood. For the last couple of days I have had excruitiating pain although I am inbetween ovulation and the start of my period which may be starting today. Is this kind of pain at ovulation and days before my period begins unusual for someone my age? I have to exceed the recommended dose of Naproxen Sodium to relieve the pain.
Asked On : Wed, 12 Dec 2012