Regular health check up showed high blood sugar level, advised Glimisave. Is it possible to maintain levels only with diet and exercise?

I am 36 yrs old male. Two months before I had gone thru master health check up, and that time I was not aware about my sugar lvl, they took blood on empty stomach and gave me glucose water, then told me to come after 2hrs to take some more blood to test. The result has shown the lvl of 283 and 503 before and after glucose water. They suggest me to take Insulin 10ml morning and evening for a week and suggested a diet chart and walking. After a week again they checked my sugar lvl and it was 65 and 90 before and after food. Then they suggest me to stop Insulin and suggest me Glimisave 1 at night time only before(20minutes) food. Past 2 months I am going thru the same and my current lvl is 127 and 148 before and after food. Is that possible to avoid taking tablet if I maintain my diet and excercise?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012