Regular cycle, taken up exercise, changed to healthy diet, flow started with brown spots turning redder with clots. Cause?

My period is 6 - 10 days early, (keeps getting earlier every month),39 yrs.old, but have been exercising for 1 month (hadn t worked out regulary and watching calorie intake for about 6 years);now I m trying to eat healthier and walking 2 miles 3 -4 times/week. When this period started, it was brown spotting, then clumpy, tan/brown in color, then as the days went on, became redder and still with some clots. Very noticeable difference since previous periods. Any thoughts? will this continue the more I exercise?
Asked On : Fri, 11 May 2012