Reduced menstruation, irregular periods. Have PCOD. On birth control pills. Is it safe to take for a long time?

My daughter is 24 yrs old , she is having pcod problem .she is having very irregular periods and vry less also . This problem is from the beginning. Can u please suggest to me what is the solution and where to show her .two yrs back she was given birth control medicine by a doctor . Till the time she took ,things were o.k but for how long she can take those medicine . As a mother I don t think it s correct to take for long. Please advice.
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012
Homeopath 's  Response
Pcod or polycystic ovarian disease cannot be completely cured by any medicines.pcod is characterised by delayed periods,obesity and hirsuitism.birth control pills or oral contraceptices help regularise periods but only as long as they are taken.
Birth control pills can be taken as long as she wants but she has to stop them once trying for pregnancy.
One cannot get pregnant when on these pills.
People with pcod might have some difficulty in getting pregnant.some conceive on their own where as others require help in the form of medicines.
This is because patients of pcod have irregular cycles and hence do not know when they are ovulating.
Weight should be under control in patients with pcod.pcod worsens with weight gain.