Reduced menstruation. Taking yasmin. Slight brownish discharge. What are the causes?

Hello Dr. I am 23 years old, 3 months ago I went on vacation where the season was opposite to where I actually live (moving from winter, going to summer weather for a month and back to winter). For that month, I got my period on time but with a very light flow (mostly brown discharge ), 6 days later, after coming back home I got the same period again. The next month I also got my period the same way and also had started taking yasmin. Today, 2 months have passed and my period flows have not changed. Could you please help me find out what are the different possible causes for such symptomes. Thank you
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012
Biology is not completely regimented. Many things can affect the menstrual flow including travel. Now that you have started Yasmin birth control pills you may find that your cycle is much lighter. You may experience spotting or breakthrough bleeding especially if you skip pills. It will take 3 to 6 months to see what your pattern will be on the pill. You'll find your menses more predictable on the pill than naturally because a set amount of hormones is taken every day. Biology is a little less precise. It does not sound like there's anything seriously wrong. I hope you enjoyed your vacation.