Reduced heart pumping rate, depression and bipolar. Had heart attacks and had stent placements.

My husband has been told his heart is pumping at 35 %. It stops beating like every 2 to 5 beats.They put a monitor on him to record the heart beats stopping, since he said that could increase his chances of a difibraltor. IF he doesnt get the defibralator, what does all this mean. He has turned hisself off from life , like manic depressive, or bipolar, mean. he is 48. At 44 he had the first heart attack and 3 since with 25 to 30 stents.
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012