Redness with increased sensitivity over clitoris, burning on the tip causing discomfort. How can I cure this?

I would prefer to talk to a female doctor about this but ok, my clitoris is red and sensitive. Yes I am sexually active and I have had the same partner for 1 year plus. I don t know why this happened or how, nothing that s been going on in my life sexually has been peculiar or new for me. I just want to know what it is so I can get rid of this uncomfortable sensation and carry on with my life. If you need to know more about the pain, I can tell you that it is a burning sensation on the tip of my clitoris, and it s pain isn t constant, it isn t so much pain but more so uncomfortablility. Feels like a uti on the tip but has no painful side effects such as a uti. (also not a uti because I ve had those twice and I know the feeling) Help please.
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012
The sensitive feeling on the clitoris canb be due to a local inflammation or injury or dermatitis. Try to avoid touching the area, keep the area clean, apply a local antiseptic ointment and calamine lotion in the area and see if it improves.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal