Redness, swelling of skin tag below armpit. Pasted a band-aid over it. Treatment?

Hii, i recently saw that my skin tag slightly below my armpit which i had since I was young, has became red and swollen, to a size of a tiny bead. At first i ignored it, but it hurt a tiny bit when it rubbed along my skin so I pasted a band-aid over it to keep it down so that it wont hurt even when I take the band-aid off. I also googled and found out the string-tying method to stop blood from flowing to it but mine s quite small so im not really sure about it. Should I see my doctor for it or just leave it ?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013