Redness, swelling in fingers. Taking light treatment, conditions worsened. History of rheumatic fever, side effect?

For the past eight months or so I have been having redness, swelling, and stiffness in my fingers. They are warm to the touch and ache. I went to the Dr. (P.A.) and they did blood work that indicated a "0 Rhumatoid factor" and told me to take Ibuprofen. It has continued and gotten worse now for 5 months since that appointment. I am only 27 years old and i'm worried about arthritis. At 19 I was diagnosed with Rhumatic Fever and am a carrier of strep. I also take Adderall for ADHD and wonder if it is a side affect of that?
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013