Redness over stitches, itchiness post surgical removal of sebaceous cyst from neck. Normal?

Just had sebaceous cyst surgically removed from right side of neck Thursday. Doctor told my son that he was able to remove it completely. I have seven to eight stitches on my neck and was wondering if it is normal for their to be a lump like swelling slightly under and along side of stitches? I was on antibiotics a few days before the surgery for infection (redness around cyst area), and is a little red where stitches are and they itch. Is all of this normal after surgery?
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012