Redness on the inside corners of eyes, slight watering, no swelling or itchiness. Due to allergies?

The inside corner of both of my eyes are red. They were not this way last night I woke up like this this morning. There is no discomfort and my eyes are minimally tearing. I do have allergies but they have not been a problem due to the fact that it is winter. Nothing has struck my eye nor have they been itchy. They are also not swollen.
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
hi there, your discriptioon fits that of an allergic or viral conjucntivitis and you need not do anything specific for that except use some anti allergy drops and shades if you go out in the sun as there might be some photophobia. Do not rub your eyes and wash it with clean warm water if there is any discharge. Take care.