Redness on one side of eye only, what this symptom might be ? please suggest me

My daugther is 13 mos and currently attends a day care. She is walking and of course getting into thing but I am always watching her. I notice last night that one side of her right eye is pink reddish. I contacted her daycare provider to ask if she notice this earlier but she said no and I didn't notice it until my husband asked me about it. She is not fussy, her eye is not tearing, she of course rubs her eye (especially when she is sleepy),her eye is not swollen and no redness around her eyelid. She is just her regular self. I wanted to know what this symptom might be?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Redness of the eye is due to the congestion of the blood vessels of the eye. It can occur due to multiple reasons. It could be due to allergic conjuctivitis, or due to infection too.. You may have to get her examined by an ophthalmologist if the redness persists or increases.. Occasionaly it can spontaneously resolve on itself too...