Redness on head of penis, itchy, swelling. What should i do?

a week ago i noticed some faint redness on the head of my penis , i used some lotion as i thought it may be chaffing. 2 days later the redness turned into what looks like almost an exposed layer of new skin. i have used polysporin for a few days but it doesnt seem to help. it itches just below the head as well as just below the head, it appears to be swelling up almost as if fluid or something is causing the swelling. i really am not feeling any pain or discomfort but very concerned..thank you
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013