Redness, itchiness and swelling in face after ayurvedic herbal facial. Taking Avil. Recovery period?

Hello..I went for an ayurvedic herbal facial , 12 hours after that my face was red, itchy and swollen..i was put on oral steroid 10 mg for 5 days along with Avil tablet for itching and burning.. My orginal skin was very clear but due to this incident it has caused redness and patchiness.. Now the swelling has gone, but I still have itching/burning and redness.. I am off the steroid now , am using AVIL and using an emollient-Emolene cream to keep my skin moisturised.. Can you please tell me how many days will be the recovery period? When will the itching/burning stop? I am 32 year old fair skinned girl..
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012