Redness in lower legs when walking in cold weather. No breathlessness or pain. Any answer?

I am 65 years old appear to be in good health, I am not overweight and exercise regularly. I notice that when walking outside in cold weather my lower legs become red and sometimes give the appearance of small red dots on them. In that area I have very little hair but above that area I have lots of hair, also on the feet . I have no shortness of breath and no pain. I have also completed annual physicals which included stress tests with no apparent problem shown. Also, when I was young 20 s I recall that when being out in the sun my lower legs sometimes would develop small red dots and remain for a day or so. Any answer?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013