Redness along lashes and eyebrows on using makeup, persisting burning with medicines. Remedy?

My eyelids along the lashes and eyebrows get very red and feel like a rug burn when I use makeup. My doctor perscribed medication with steroids and a natural medication. The symptoms go away after 3 days. I have tried Clinque eye makeup (hypoallegenic) and I still get the redness and burning feeling on the skin along lash line and eyebrows. The doctor contends it is not an allergy to makeup, she says it is dermatitis . How do I get rid of this so I can wear eye makeup?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Oct 2012