Reddish swollen thigh. Taking Ibuprofen, Korcin and cloramphenicol. Need further treatment?

I have a swollen and red section on my left leg above the knee which first showed about 4-5 days ago. Because I d been tubing a couple of days before I put it down to a bit of bruising and hoped it would disappear in a few days. Over the last few days its gotten more sore and is now about 3cm in diameter and like a hard area under the surface of the skin, there is a small red blemish but no visible puncture. The area is also hot and tender to touch. Last night I did notice that there was an off shoot of redness up my leg from the original area which is now larger and a little tender to touch. I ve been taking antihistamines (20mg per day) and Ibuprofen regularly. A pharmacist this morning gave me something called Korcin which is a dermal cream - containing dexamethason acetat 4mg and cloramphenicol 160mg and have applied that twice today. The swelling and hardness of the area doesn t seem to be going away, but spreading. Please can you let me know if you have an idea of what this could be or what treatment is best. Many thanks
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012