Reddish swollen rash after a spider bite. Using cortisone cream. Need further treatment?

I was bitten by something on my left side of my back when I was trying on clothes at a store. I don t know what it was but I assume a spider. I have a large red raised swollen area about 2 inches in diamenter. It hurt still hurts but it has numbed the area and moved the numbness around to the front of my stomach . I have been using hydro cortisone cream and bendryal. Do I need to be concerned. It was really hot the first couple days.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013