Reddish swelling on the top external ear. Had benadryl. Mosquito bite?

My 2 1/2 year old son had a red ear this morning on the external top part of his ear. By the time I picked him up from Daycare it was 2x the size, swollen, hot and red. I called his dr and they said try Benadryl. I have given h a total of 2 tsp in the past 2 1/2 he's and it is not getting better. Is this something I should take him to the ER or urgent care for? Or I can take him to the pediatrician tomorrow? We both ended up with mosquito bites last night so that was my original thought but I do not see a bite.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013