Reddish spots on the roof of the mouth, sore throat. Concerned

Hi I just noticed that I have smooth red spots on the hard palate of my mouth. I've had a slightly sore throat this week (off and on), and had the flu with an extremely sore throat back in march that lasted about a month. I have a follow up appt with my Allergy Specialist on Monday, but am worried about my recent. Is this something that I should not be so concerned about and wait til then, or should I try to get in with my General Physician tomorrow? Please help.
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013