Reddish spots on the penis after having unprotected oral sex. Numbness in the arm, twitches on the leg. Concerned about STD chances.

Hi, I received unprotected oral sex from a prostitute in Thailand 9 months ago. I am worried I may have contracted an STD, specifically Herpes. Around 12-18 hours after the event I noticed flat, reddish purple spots in a couple of places on the shaft of my penis. They were painless and shaped more like blotches - the closest thing I can compare them to in appearance are love-bites. They faded and disappeared after about a week. Around 2-3 months after this, I noticed a single raised spot on my penis that had a purplish centre, which was also painless and disappeared in a few days as well. My intitial reaction to that spot was that it was a blocked sebaceous gland, as I had masturbated the night before. I have not seen any symptoms since, but there is another thing of note that has caused me concern. Around three weeks after the oral sex, I experienced a flash of nerve twitches across both of my calves, that was so pronounced that I thought a butterfly or something similar was brushing off my legs. I had a bad fall the night before this, and experienced trauma to a nerve in my arm between my tricep and bicep which left the heel of my hand completely numb; I put the nerve spasms down to this. Since then however, I have experienced nerve twitches and fasciculations in my legs and sometimes in other parts of my body. Seeing as Herpes is a viral affliction, I thought this may be a reaction of my body to the virus.

As you can see, I can provide hypothetical explanations for each of these individual "symptoms", but I am worried that this is me subconsciously trying to reassure myself that I have escaped an STD. I realise that the best thing to do is to get to an STD clinic and get a blood test, but I am having trouble forcing myself to confront this issue, and felt that posting this online would help me to organise my thoughts and compel me into action.

Thanks for any help
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013