Reddish, slightly raised, smooth sores on back, no itching or pus, turn purple after a hot shower. What could it be?

Hi, I m a 59 year old male in Good physical condition. Three weeks ago while getting ready to shower I noticed two reddish/purple pimple like sores om my back. One the size of a nickel, the other pee size. (Living in the country I check myself daily for ticks so I know these sores appeared over night) No puss, itching, or drainage, not getting bigger but still red, slightly raised and smooth. The skin to the right side of the larger pimple seems to be slightly red like a rash . They actually turn purple after a hot shower. What concerns me is that there is no improvement after three weeks & if they are pimples shouldn t they come to a head?
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012