Reddish pus filled spots on the thigh. Is this infectious?

Hi, my daughter of 11 has several spots just above her knee/front thigh. they are red with a pus centre at first and incredibly itchy. She has now found one on her waist .Is this infectious? She has had them now for about 4 days. they are about the size of a pea. I have tried itch cream etc, nothing seems 2 work. Please could you advise me.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012

It seems that your daughter may be having follicultis.

It is an infection of hair follicles.

There is pustular eruptions on erythematous base with mild pain and itching.

Poor immunity due to any reason may precipitate the disease.

Short course of antibiotics with anti inflammatory drugs may improve the disease.

If there is itching, give her a nti histaminics.

Apply antibiotic cream.

Give her dettol liquid water bath.

She will be improved.

I hope you got my answer.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD