Reddish purple, flat rash on the lower side of butt, resembles a bruise post a trip. Will it subside?

Hi, I just came back from the Yucatan, in Playa Del Carmen Mexico. The day after I got home I noticed a rash on the far right lower side of my butt. It is sort of reddish purple, it looks just like a bruise or a burn , but it definitely neither. I never got hurt or bumped into anything and I never got burnt on anything. It is just there, and flat to my skin, not raised. Is there a skin fungus from that area, that could cause a rash like that? My concern is that I want it to go away, and I get scared that it might be permanent or something.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012