Reddish lump in the tongue. Whitish spots in the throat. Cancer?

I have had a red lump more to the front of my tongue for about a year. It changes size all the time and sometimes can become quite hard. I have noticed that I also get whitish spots at the back of my throat but not all the time. The lump is not painful .I m scared its cancer I m 41 years old female and have never smoked and hardly drink. My dentist has referred me to maxillofacial specialist, does he think it is cancer?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
thanks for your querry...
I think better to go to your nearby ENT surgeon and examine your tongue mass, mostly it could be benign lesion, for your whitish spots on tonsil its a debries collected in the tonsillar cripts, do antiseptic gargles regularly for it. thanks