Reddish itchy swollen skin around the eyes of a 3 month old. What is the cause and treatment?

The skin around my 3 month olds right eye has become blotchy, red, swollen and itchy after sitting in garden. The same thing happened yesterday and I originally thought she had been bitten or stung by something but the swelling gradually went down and when she woke this morning her eye was back to normal. So today we were sat in the garden again (on a different mat) and after about an hour or two the skin around her right eye and into her scalp became increasingly red and blotchy and she has been rubbing it. I have brought her inside and been rinsing her eye with cooled boiled water which seems to have relieved the itching a little bit. Any ideas what could be causing this and how best to treat it? Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Thanks for your query
The appearance of your 3 month old kid's could be due to allergy caused by some kind of plant, pollen or animal dander etc in your garden.
Keep your baby indoors for a while and you can get Her/his Ig G levels done.
This test will help to find out if the baby is hypersenitive to various allergens or not.

hope my answer is of some help to you.
Hope to hear from you the follow up report.